3. Words with specific meanings
In this Policy, there are words and phrases that have a specific meaning, or that we are using in a special way. They are:
* Personal data - any information about an identifiable living human being.
* Process - we “process” your personal data when we do anything with it, which might include; collecting, recording, organising, storing, adapting, altering, retrieving, using, combining, disclosing, or deleting it.
* Special category data – this means personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, sex life or sexual orientation, health, genetic or biometric data. We keep only information regarding customers animal interests.
4. What this policy describes
This policy describes how we will collect and use personal data about you. We process information about:
* Prospects - potential customers or referrers;
* Customers - who have bought goods or services from us;
* Suppliers and Associates - suppliers or potential suppliers of goods or services to us;
* Find a Vet – practices who use our FREE Advertising service
5. What information do we process, and why?
Most of the information we process comes from you. We process it so we can reply to you, and when you contact us again we know what you asked before, what you were sent, and what you told us.
Typically, we are your collecting name, contact details, how we came across you, background information (from you or published by you on social media or freely accessible on the internet), information on why you might be interested in our products or services or a relevant contact for our business.
If you sign up to a newsletter list, you will be sent what you asked for. We normally operate ‘double opt-in’ lists and you will need to reconfirm your subscription before anything is sent. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button on any email.
You are not automatically subscribed to any other lists but may be invited to join an appropriate one.
If we email you individually using our own email system or respond to an email sent to us at any of our business email addresses, a copy of that email may also be stored.
If you make an enquiry via our website, we will keep details of that enquiry and response for our data retention period (section 2, Table, above).
We do not routinely keep special category data. To the extent we hold this, it was supplied or made publicly available by you.
Once you buy something from us, we will collect information from you at the point of sale.
This will include the information we collect from Prospects (above). We collect your email address, phone number and postal address so we can provide what we have contracted to, invoice you and keep proper records of our business relationship.
We process your data to support the delivery the goods and services you have bought. We keep records of the goods/services provided to you, and information you give us, so we can support you when needed and advise you of any additional services you may need.
Financial and credit card details
We do not receive or store your credit card details. Credit card payments are handled by an external secure processor in accordance with their data security policies (see section 2, Table, above).
We receive limited information from our processor for us to tie up your payment with your invoice.
If you pay us by BACS or direct transfer, we know only what the bank tells us, which is usually the name of the person who paid us and how much and the reference number.
We do not routinely keep credit scores nor use credit reference agencies.
Supplier and Associates
We collect information on potential and actual suppliers and associates. This is mostly provided by you, but we may add to it the same kind of data we use for Prospects (see above).
If you become a supplier, we keep a copy of the contract between us and your bank details so we can pay you. We also keep a record of invoices/payments for accounting purposes.
We keep a record of the work you undertook for us/our clients along with any comments, reviews or suggestions about that work including complaints (if any) and their resolution. This information is all needed to manage our customer relationships and our supply chain.
Find a Vet registrations
We hold the basic details of your practice as entered by you. You enter this data, we hold it for you. You are free to change or delete it any time, or to request us to do so. We will periodically send reminders to check that it is still up to date and relevant.