Tamodine Wound is a powerful antifungal and antibacterial tamed iodine veterinary medicine. It is ideal for cleansing and dressing wounds and infected areas in conjunction with veterinary treatment.
Effective against bacteria, protozoa, yeasts, fungi and some viruses, Tamodine Wound doesn't damage delicate skin. It has all of the activity of free iodine but with much reduced irritant sensitising effects, and it does not stain.
Tamodine Wound is recommended to clean wounds and ulcers on fish, either koi carp in the pond or whilst fishing, and is also suitable for hook injuries.
How to treat fish with ulcers
- Catch and sedate using AquaSed
- Clean ulcer with Tamodine Wound
- If the wound is very deep then pack ulcer with Orabase (from pharmacist)
- Inject with antibiotics if necessary
- Place the fish in clean water for recovery
- Hold in salt solution 0.5-0.75% ie 5-7.5g/litre or up to 1oz/gallon until the ulcer heals