Vetark offers a range of products for fish including disinfectants, anaesthetic and parasite treatments (developed by Fish Treatment Ltd.) In this section you will find general information as well as how to get the most out of our products.
Did you know?
- Fish will maintain body weight when fed 0.5-1.0% body weight per day, for growth feed extra - up to 3%. For example, a 1kg koi will eat 10g pellets per day
- Use agar (or gelatin, but agar is better) to make a solution and add vitamins, then coat the food with the suspension and allow it to dry, about 50ml/kg of pellets. Good quality fish or corn oil can be used as an alternative - less is needed since a fine coating for 'stickiness' is all that is required. This can then be stored in a plastic bag in the fridge for a week. New food should be made up weekly if prolonged courses are intended.
- Make a koi cake with pellets, prawns etc. and include the vitamins with agar and put the mix in the freezer poured into an ice cube tray. This way a cube can be popped out as necessary.
- Minimal handling pays dividends, always try to use oral antibiotics instead of injectable ones whenever possible.
- Always consider the effects on filtration of whatever you add to the water.