What is ProC and why is it green?
ProC is a combination of beneficial probiotic bacteria, prebiotic to help them grow and vitamin C, it also contains chlorophyll. The chlorophyll is there for various reasons which are explained below. It isn’t just pretty, it is an intestinal absorbant with protective effects – and its natural!
Chlorophyll, responsible for the green colour of plants has various beneficial effects when included in diets. It is of course a natural dietary item for herbivores anyway.
There is evidence which shows that it can:
- Absorb toxins which may cause liver damage making this an especially good food stuff for birds with fatty liver syndrome.
- In another animal study, chlorophyllin significantly inhibited aflatoxin B1 hepatocarcinogenesis.
In summary there is evidence from a range of species for various beneficial effects, these can't be claimed since they haven't all been derived in animals etc of the species we are interested in :
- protected against liver toxicity
- its better than vitamins A,C & E at protecting against toxic mutagens which damage the genes. – NB vit C is in ProC
- protected against absorption of toxic chemicals
- absorbs odours like it absorbs toxins
- may help reduce some types of urinary crystal formation
- may help minimize strokes and XS cholesterol